Looking to get tested? See the Uber Box – 8 Panel At Home STD Test Pack
We all have different needs when it comes to STD at home test kits. For this reason, myLAB Box is designed to fit your individual lifestyle by offering you the exact testing options you need. To this end, YES there are ways to test for STD at home, let’s take a look at several of these choices.
1) Individual STD At Home Test Kits
You may find that you need an STD at home test kit that screens for one particular sexually transmitted infection. Furthermore, this can be especially helpful if you have recently been exposed to a specific infection via a sexual encounter.
Individual tests include:
- Genital Herpes
- HPV (for women aged 30+)
- Mycoplasma Genitalium
- Hepatitis C
- Chlamydia & Gonorrhea (these two infections are screened together for the price of a single-infection test since they are both bacterial-based infections that are often found together)
2) Combination Panels
Much to everyone’s dismay, eighty percent of STDs do not show any easily identifiable symptoms. This means that you should test for all of the most common infections in order to fully know your status. Most of the time, you may not realize if you’ve been exposed to an STD. In short, screening for the most common infections is the smartest and safest way to learn your status.
To make testing easier, myLAB Box offers several STD test kit options that screen for multiple infections using a single sample set. Put plainly, these are the most comprehensive and efficient options on the market.
- Safe Box: This 4-panel test screens for chlamydia, gonorrhea, HIV I & HIV II.
- Uber Box: This 8-panel test screens for Herpes Simplex Type II, HIV I & II, Hepatitis C, Syphilis, Chlamydia, Gonorrhea and Trichomoniasis
- Total Box: This one-stop-shop for all of the most common infections screens for 14 sexually transmitted diseases. The comprehensive panel includes: Gonorrhea (genital, throat and rectal), Chlamydia (genital, throat and rectal), Mycoplasma Genitalium, HIV II, HIV II, Hepatitis C, Herpes type II, Syphilis, Trichomoniasis, HPV (add-on option for women aged 30+)
3) Test At Home With a Partner
For many of us, it can seem awkward to discuss sexually transmitted infections and diseases with our partners. That’s understandable, a healthy relationship begins with healthy communication. To that end, myLAB Box aims to help couples open up about their sexual health. Knowing each other’s status can lead to more comfortable, confident sexual experiences.
Couples can test together using myLAB Box’s Love Box, a combination kit that includes two 8-panel at-home test kits. Even better, these tests are available in whatever combination is most appropriate for you and your partner – male and female; male and male; or female and female. Moving forward, this may even lead to newly uninhibited sexual experiences! After all, what could be more intimate than testing with your partner?
Ultimately, myLAB Box wants to help you to learn your status. This year, make a resolution to take control of your sexual health. This year, don’t stress – just test!
Reviewed by Luis Ferdinand M. Papa, MD, MHA
- Styer, Linda M, Gaynor, Anne M, Parker, Monica M, Bennett, S. Berry, Wesolowski, Laura G, Ethridge, Steven, Chavez, Pollyanna R, Sullivan, Timothy J, Fordan, Salvacion, Wroblewski, Kelly. (2020). Three Years of Shared Service HIV Nucleic Acid Testing for Public Health Laboratories: Worthwhile for HIV-1 but Not for HIV-2. Sexually Transmitted Diseases.
- Wesolowski, Laura G, Chavez, Pollyanna R, Cárdenas, Ana María, Katayev, Alex, Slev, Patricia, Valsamakis, Alexandra, Wang, Yun F, Yao, Joseph D, Dougherty, Caitlin, Gillim-Ross, Laura, Harmon, Christopher, Delaney, Kevin P. (2020). Routine HIV Test Results in 6 US Clinical Laboratories Using the Recommended Laboratory HIV Testing Algorithm With Geenius HIV 1/2 Supplemental Assay. Sexually Transmitted Diseases.
- Pitasi, Marc A.; Patel, Shilpa N.; Wesolowski, Laura G.; Masciotra, Silvina; Luo, Wei; Owen, S. Michele; Delaney, Kevin P. (2020). Performance of an Alternative Laboratory-Based HIV Diagnostic Testing Algorithm Using HIV-1 RNA Viral Load. Sexually Transmitted Diseases.
- Masciotra, Silvina; Luo, Wei; Rossetti, Rebecca; Smith, Tara; Ethridge, Steven; Delaney, Kevin P.; Wesolowski, Laura G.; Owen, S. Michele. (2020). Could HIV-1 RNA Testing be an Option as the Second Step in the HIV Diagnostic Algorithm? Sexually Transmitted Diseases.
- Rodriguez, Pedro L.; McCune, Stephen; Sakai, Leah; Engstrom-Melnyk, Julia; Marins, Ed. (2020). Evaluation of Contamination Risk by the cobas e 602 Serology Module Before Viral Load Testing on the cobas 6800 System. Sexually Transmitted Diseases.
- Martin, Eugene G.; Cornett, Julia; Mohammed, Debbie Y.; Salaru, Gratian. (2020). Rapid Testing Algorithm Performance in a Low-Prevalence Environment. Sexually Transmitted Diseases.
- Hubbard, Stephanie J.; Ma, Maria; Wahnich, Amanda; Clarke, Alyson; Myers, Julie E.; Saleh, Lena D. 47(5S):S48-S52, May 2020. #Testathome: Implementing 2 Phases of a HIV Self-Testing Program Through Community-Based Organization Partnerships in New York City. Sexually Transmitted Diseases.
- Patel, Shilpa N.; Delaney, Kevin P.; Pitasi, Marc A.; Oraka, Emeka; Tao, Guoyu; Van Handel, Michelle; Kilmer, Greta; DiNenno, Elizabeth A. 47(5S):S53-S60, May 2020. Self-Reported Prevalence of HIV Testing Among Those Reporting Having Been Diagnosed With Selected STIs or HCV, United States, 2005–2016. Sexually Transmitted Diseases.
- Larios Venegas, Alejandro; Melbourne, Heather M.; Castillo, Ileana Aurora; Spell, Kenneth; Duquette, William; Villamizar, Kira; Gallo, Giselle; Parris, Don; Rojas, Lourdes M. 47(5S):S61-S65, May 2020. Enhancing the Routine Screening Infrastructure to Address a Syphilis Epidemic in Miami-Dade County. Sexually Transmitted Diseases.
- Edelstein, Zoe R.; Wahnich, Amanda; Purpura, Lawrence J.; Salcuni, Paul M.; Tsoi, Benjamin W.; Kobrak, Paul H.; Santos, Paul A.; Andaluz, Adriana; MacGregor, Jennifer H.; Matsuki, Jennifer D.M.; Katz, David A.; Daskalakis, Demetre C.; Myers, Julie E. 47(5S):S41-S47, May 2020. Five Waves of an Online HIV Self-Test Giveaway in New York City, 2015 to 2018. Sexually Transmitted Diseases.
8 panel home STD test - just as thorough as going to the clinic.
In Stock – Free Shipping$199
14 panel STD test - the most comprehensive test ever.
In Stock – Free Shipping$369 – $399
5 panel home STD test - screen for the highest risk factors.
In Stock – Free Shipping$169
Chlamydia + Gonorrhea are 2 of the top 4 new STIs.
In Stock – Free Shipping$79