Are At Home STD Tests Accurate?
We hear it time and again: “Are at home STD tests accurate?” We understand the concern. Home STD tests are a foreign idea to many people. Testing at home is a new, innovative approach to healthcare. That said, once you try it, you won’t know why you ever waited! So, let’s clear the air and take a look at the answer to your question.
Are At Home STD Tests Accurate?
The short answer? Yes!
In fact, results from at home tests are just as accurate as the results you receive from any clinic or medical facility. Tests offered by myLAB Box uses similar methodologies to those offered at a clinic. Therefore, accuracy levels are comparable.
All of our home STD tests use either an validated by a myLAB Box lab affiliate for self-collection and transport in the mail. To be clear, these tests have the same diagnostic accuracy as any other tests performed in a traditional doctor’s office. Our tests are over 99% accurate at detecting most common STDs.
Accuracy + Convenience
Not only are these home STD tests as accurate as going to a clinic, they are also far more convenient. Honestly, who wants to spend their day in a doctor’s waiting room when they don’t need to? After all, it only takes about five minutes to use an STD test at home.
That’s right, no awkward conversations with your doctor about your sex life. Instead, you can control your own health and receive accurate, private results in return.
How It Works
Simply choose the home STD tests that best fits your needs. Then, order online. Don’t worry, it will arrive at your doorstep in discreet packaging! You can collect your sample at any time and from any place. Send your sample back and get results in a matter of days. That’s right, it’s just that simple!
You’ll get an email when your results are ready. Once again, are STD home tests accurate with their results? Yes, indeed! In fact, you can log into the secure user portal to access your private results as soon as you receive your email. Safe is sexy!
Reviewed by Luis Ferdinand M. Papa, MD, MHA
- Davis, Alissa PhD∗; Gaynor, Anne PhD. (2020). Testing for Sexually Transmitted Diseases in US Public Health Laboratories. Sexually Transmitted Diseases.
- R W Peeling. (2006). Testing for sexually transmitted infections: a brave new world? Sex Transm Infect.
- Kimberly A. Workowski, and Gail A. Bolan. (2015). Sexually Transmitted Diseases Treatment Guidelines, 2015. MMWR Recomm Rep.
- Emma Wilson, Caroline, Tim P. Morris, Jonathan Syred, Irrfan Ahamed, Anatole S. Menon-Johansson, Melissa J. Palmer, Sharmani Barnard, Emma Rezel, Paula Baraitser. (2017). Internet-accessed sexually transmitted
infection (e-STI) testing and results service: A randomised, single-blind, controlled trial. World Health
- Emerging and Reemerging Sexually Transmitted Infections. N Engl J Med.
8 panel home STD test - just as thorough as going to the clinic.
In Stock – Free Shipping$199
14 panel STD test - the most comprehensive test ever.
In Stock – Free Shipping$369 – $399
5 panel home STD test - screen for the highest risk factors.
In Stock – Free Shipping$169
Chlamydia + Gonorrhea
Chlamydia + Gonorrhea are 2 of the top 4 new STIs.
In Stock – Free Shipping$79