Painful Urination? Check Your STD Symptoms!
Are you experiencing painful urination? Do you have a strange burning sensation when you try to pee? Unfortunately, painful urination can be a sign of a sexually transmitted infection (STI) or disease (STD).
The truth is, a variety of different things can be causing this stinging sensation when you pee. In fact, it’s entirely possible for painful urination can result from lesions or sores within the urethra. Additionally, this irritating sensation can be caused fluid coming into contact with the inflamed tip of a penis.
In many cases, it is technically possible for painful urination to be the sign of a potential STD or STI. In many situations, it is often one of the first noticeable symptoms that an infection presents. The fact is, painful urination might be quite helpful in identifying a potential infection.
Potential Reasons for Experiencing Painful Urination:
- Urinary tract infection
- Yeast infection or bacterial vaginosis
- Kidney stones
- Irritation from condoms, topical lotions or creams
- An allergic reaction to a particular soap or detergent
As you can see, painful urination can have a lot of causes. Experiencing a burning sensation while peeing can be due to a number of outside factors. However, it is important not to discount the possibility of a sexually transmitted infection.
In fact, any time an irritant is introduced to the genital area, it can be a source of pain. This can result from ordinary activity, such as during sexual intercourse or when clothing comes in contact with the genital area.
The burning feeling can begin suddenly. It may dissipate naturally, or stick around for ages. This can cause an allergic reaction or a bladder infection. Taking this a step further, when painful urination is caused by a sexually transmitted infection, chances are that it won’t be going away anytime soon.
- Chlamydia is a sexually transmitted infection that causes symptoms similar to those from a common urinary tract infection. Besides painful urination, this often also includes an odd discharge from the penis or vagina.
- Gonorrhea follows a lot of the same rules as chlamydia. This STI can lead to genital discharge.
- Mycoplasma genitalium is a common but little-known STI. This bacterial infection affects the urinary tract. In addition to painful urination, it can also result in abnormal penile or vaginal discharge.
- Herpes is another common STI. In this case, a genital herpes infection often includes sores and lesions. If these sores are contacted by urine, it can be rather painful.
- Trichomoniasis, or Trich, is an STI that causes an itchy sensation in the genital area. It can cause an irritated or itching sensation inside the penis, burning during urination and/or discharge from the genitals.
Painful Urination, STIs and You
When it comes down to it, a bacterial infection that is causing discomfort is often the result of someone not staying on top of their sexual health status. In this case, painful urination can be a sign of something much worse. In every possible situation, it pays to test regularly for sexually transmitted infections and diseases.
Most infections can be cured or treated with antibiotics. However, there are several STIs that cannot be cured. In these cases, proper treatment can often still manage and maintain symptoms.
In the end, regular testing is the best possible cure for STIs. If you are experiencing painful urination or other potential symptoms of infection, get tested. It can save your life and make life for your loved ones dramatically easier as well. Regular and scheduled testing for STIs, like those available from myLAB Box, can provide a significant boost to your sexual health. Routine testing provides peace of mind and total control over your body.
8 panel home STD test - just as thorough as going to the clinic.
In Stock – Free Shipping$199
14 panel STD test - the most comprehensive test ever.
In Stock – Free Shipping$369 – $399
5 panel home STD test - screen for the highest risk factors.
In Stock – Free Shipping$169
Chlamydia + Gonorrhea
Chlamydia + Gonorrhea are 2 of the top 4 new STIs.
In Stock – Free Shipping$79