Can You Get An STD From Fingering?
|❖ Free physician consultation ❖ Mail-in kits for home use ❖ Test in just 5 minutes ❖ Lab results in 2-5 days ❖ 100% pain free ❖ Enjoy free shipping|
To Order By Phone Click Here (800)856-9522
Fingering has a number of different names. From digital vaginal penetration to heavy petting, fingering is a common sexual act. In fact, fingering is commonly a part of foreplay.
Many people assume that fingering falls under the category of ‘safe sex.’ For the most part, this statement is true. Luckily, fingering is much less risky than other forms of penetration. However, it’s very important to know that you still have a chance of contracting an STD. Here’s what you need to know about fingering and STDs:
How Are STDs Spread?
Sexually transmitted diseases can be passed on through more ways than just intercourse. STDs can be spread through rubbing skin on skin, genital-genital contact, fingering, or oral-genital contact.
Most STDs are spread through body fluids. These body fluids are used as lubricants, which can increase the risk of infections including chlamydia and gonorrhea.
Research says it is possible for fingering, vaginal or anal, to transmit HPV but the chances are low.
How Are STDs Spread Through Fingering?
Very little research has been done about whether fingering is a risk factor for transmission. Still, it is likely that people can catch an STD from a finger. The risk is much lower than other forms of sexual activities such as oral sex, but this doesn’t mean you are risk-free.
The best data on whether fingering can pass on STDs is linked to HPV. HPV is extremely common and easily transmitted, which makes it easier for researchers to study than other STDs. There have been several studies which have found HPV under the fingernails of people who have contracted genital HPV infections. That means that those fingers can expose a potential partner to HPV.
The evidence that backs research on the presence of STDs on the hands and fingernails is related to the research on whether STDs can be transmitted by objects. This research states that STDs can be spread through the use of sex toys, which if not cleaned properly, may have traces of bodily fluids on them.
What Kind of Infections Can You Get From Being Fingered?
Although the risk is low, it is possible to contract a number of different STDs through fingering. Some of the STDs you could contract include:
It’s important to note infections like HIV cannot be transmitted through safer activities like fingering.
How Can You Prevent Contracting A STD Through Fingering?
There are many different ways you can protect yourself and reduce your risk of contracting a STD through fingering. Follow these tips:
- Always wash your hands with soap and warm water before engaging in sexual activities. This will help reduce the risk of giving your partner an STD. Be sure to wash your hands again afterward.
- Keeping your nails trimmed and filed will help reduce any risk as well because long nails can potentially tear your partner’s skin or hold bacteria.
- Skip this sexual activity if your partner has open sores or wounds. Open wounds are an invitation for infection. With no open cuts or wounds your chances of contracting an STD from fingering greatly decreases.
- If your partner wants to touch themselves while fingering you, ask them to use their other hand instead of alternating hands. This reduces the chance that you will come into contact with their bodily fluids.
- Ask your partner to wear gloves or finger cots.
- If you plan on using a sex toy while fingering, make sure the toy is thoroughly cleaned and dried first. If the toy has been used recently, it’s best to wait 24 hours before using it again.
Following these tips will drastically reduce your risk of contracting an STD through fingering alone. Remember, if you want to be certain that you are not at risk, it’s best for you and your partner to get tested for STDs prior to engaging in any type of sexual activity.
How Can You Test For An STD?
If you believe you may have an STD contracted through fingering or another type of sexual activity, it’s important to get tested as soon as possible. You don’t need to make a doctor’s appointment or visit a laboratory to get tested.
You also have the option of taking a quick and confidential STD test in the privacy of your own home. MyLAB Box delivers nationwide to your door in discreet packaging so no one will ever know that you’ve ordered a STD test.
Which STD Test Is Right For You?
There are several different types of STD tests out there. If you are worried that you have contracted an STD through fingering, the best test for you is the MyLAB Box V-Box test kit.
Our V-Box is a 5-Panel Vaginal Health Test Pack.
This includes all the tests covering abnormal vaginal discharge and symptoms. We test for:
How Does At-Home STD Testing Work?
Testing for STDs at home has never been easier or more convenient. Here’s how it works:
- Test at Home: The kit will contain everything you need to test for STDs. You can perform the test in just 5 minutes.
- Ship Your Sample: After performing the test, use the self-addressed stamped envelope provided in your package to ship your sample back to us.
- Get Results: You will receive an email when your certified lab results are in, which usually takes between 1-5 days. The email will contain a link to a secure portal where you can view your results.
- Free Consultations: Get peace of mind by scheduling a free physician consultation to discuss your results. During this consultation, you will be able to ask questions, talk about your concerns, and learn about what steps you should take next to protect yourself.
That’s all there is to it! You can take control of your health today by ordering an at-home STD test from MyLAB Box.
8 panel home STD test - just as thorough as going to the clinic.
In Stock – Free Shipping$199
14 panel STD test - the most comprehensive test ever.
In Stock – Free Shipping$369 – $399
5 panel home STD test - screen for the highest risk factors.
In Stock – Free Shipping$169
Chlamydia + Gonorrhea
Chlamydia + Gonorrhea are 2 of the top 4 new STIs.
In Stock – Free Shipping$79